Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Back to the Motherland

Alright, time for my trip back to the good ol' USA. San Francisco to be exact, my hometown. I haven't been back there in.. six years now? Not even sure anymore. I grew up in a suburb of SF I believe.. Sunset? Who knows, I don't know my geographical locations. All I know was that the last time I was there, I had to visit a lot of relatives and family friends. Of course, it's a given. Being from a Chinese family, even moreso a given. The countless ''Hellos'' and "How are yous'' do get a bit tedious at times.

Nonetheless, I'm excited to go back this year. Why? Because I think I'm actually at the age where I can appreciate San Francisco for more than just the people I know there, but now for the city itself..albeit 4 months from being legal down there. I hope to immerse myself in their renowned Downtown area. Union Square. The cafes. The districts. The people. Then again, there's nothing too much separating SF and Vancouver from what I recall.. the food's great in both cities, some argue better in SF.

I need to go to Alcatraz. I can't believe I haven't been there.. I make for a shitty American.

It's now 3:10am. I haven't slept all day after my Statistics final. We leave in about a half hour to Seattle, it's much cheaper to fly out from there.

Hopefully I'll post anything interesting that pops up during my trip. Maybe I'll encounter my own bus incident.

1 comment:

  1. ooo =P.....sounds like fun =P (and yes, i'll agree with the whole meeting relatives and family friends thing.....it can get a bit much at times.....)

    ReplyDelete