Wednesday, January 13, 2010

3 sounds better than 2.

In under 3 weeks I'll be gone.
In under 2 weeks I'll be gone.

The latter sounds a lot scarier than the former. Meaning, by next Monday I'm going to hope I have most of my things in order. I thought I would have ample time to get everything organized and ready to go. Alas, this is not the case. I'm just starting to make my packing list. I still have a lot of crap to buy (i.e. shampoo, toothpaste, sunscreen); all those everyday things we use is more than double the price down in Australia. Most likely due to their minimum wage being twice as high as ours.. and our dollars are practically at 1:1 right now, not good.

Meanwhile, I'll try my hardest to see a couple of my closer friends before I leave. If I don't get around to you, well...

And will people please stop thinking I'm Mandarin? Once again on the bus I get mistaken for some Chinaman that knows how to converse fluently in Mandarin. I don't even look like I know the language, well I don't think that I do. Even at work I have Cantonese guests who just go up to me and say something like this,

"You! Young man! You understand? Good, I want ........"

Making sales in Cantonese at a White Spot is more difficult than you can imagine (for non-native Chinese person) especially when they ask me what's better about the Monty Mushroom vs the Bacon Cheddar burger and what I would recommend for them to order. Oh, and you should have witnessed my pathetic attempt at trying to say/describe what mayonnaise/relish (OOO sauce) is to them. This has happened to me twice already. The next time I'm going to fake ignorance.

Sorry mom and dad, those years in Chinese school did me no good.

If only I knew more about photography..

3 comments:

  1. but what if you run out of shampoo and stuff like that? XD.....as long as you have all the stuff that would be unrealistic to purchase down there you'll be fine =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. First part of your post sounds very morbid... :( I WILL SEE YOU BEFORE YOU LEAVE, BITCH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better tell me when you leave! I'm going to stuff you with more junk food before you get on that plane *glares*

    =)

    ReplyDelete