Thursday, April 30, 2009

Suckers, I'm in Orlando.

After last night's frantic packing..till about 2am, I didn't bother sleeping. Parents decided to go to airport 2 hours earlier for a domestic flight. Way too damn early.

Mother had a moment. A moment of her adolescent years where she threw a tantrum because of her headache and ensuing hunger. No, not funny.

Flight to Toronto was alright. Spent the first 1.5 hours watching Bride Wars.. Haha.. Was the most cliché Chick flick ever... EVER. The humour was typical, the storyline predictable as hell, the set up for the ending was so brutally forced I'm surprised this movie even made it to the theatres. Girl ends up marrying guy that appears in like 10 minutes of this shitastic movie after a year of dating and ends up preggos. Beauty, pure beauty. That writer should have been fired, I would have done a better job.

From Toronto to Orlando we went. This time around I almost finished watching Yes Man. Was 11 minutes and 23 seconds from finishing..until they cut it out! Damn! I fell asleep in the first hour. In 36 hours I've only had about 2.5 hours of airplane quality sleep. Surprisingly, did not even need coffee today!

Just finished dinner now. Waiting for dad who's coming in on another flight through Dallas (complicated Air Miles crap...). His flight's delayed for 1.5 hours. What the fuck. I want to go to my hotel and sleep!

I will say, the ethnic make up here is so different from Vancouver. It's come to be expected of course. Shall have fingers crossed for a good hotel room, a basic hit/miss with this hotel we're staying at. Oh, I'm proudly wearing my Canucks shirt. I wish I had a stopover in Calgary.

Okay, another hour to burn. Time to start Oryx and Crake. Woohoo!

Damn, that girl has a huge ass. As wide as the garbage bin..wow.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed at too many things in this blogpost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. darnit! I guess you didn't get my text then.

    HOW DARE YOU NOT PURPOSELY GET A FLIGHT THAT STOPS IN CALGARY. (Yes, I had to use the juvenile annoyance of writing in caps)

    ReplyDelete